GENESEE COUNTY 2022 HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE – RECYCLE DAY
Thank you to all who participated in the 2021 Recycle Day Events – over 1,200 residents dropped-off thousands of pounds of hard-to-recycle materials!
Are you looking for a way to properly dispose of your Hazardous Waste, Electronics, Paint or other materials? Attend Genesee County’s Recycle Day!
- Saturday, May 14th • 10AM-2PM
- Tuesday, June 21st • 2PM-6PM
- Tuesday, July 19th • 2PM-6PM
- Tuesday, August 23rd • 2PM-6PM
Carman-Ainsworth Middle School
1409 W Maple Ave
Flint, MI 48507
See below for a list of items accepted at the event:
- Automotive Fluids
- Batteries (household/auto)
- Biomedical Sharps (in rigid/sealed container)
- Corrosives (acids/bases)
- Electronics (all kinds)
- Fire Extinguishers
- Fluorescent Bulbs & Tubes
- Oil Based & Latex Paints/Solvents
- Pesticides & Herbicides
- Prescription Medication
- Propane Cylinders (up to 3o lbs. each)
- Reactives & Oxidizers
- Smoke Detectors
- 55 Gallon Drums of Waste
- Agricultural Tires & Waste
- Commercial Tires & Waste
- Compressed Gas Cylinders (other than propane)
- Construction Materials
- Explosives & Fireworks
- Garbage & Yard Waste
- Industrial Tires & Waste
- Paper for Shredding
- Radioactive Materials
What to expect at Recycle Day:
- Recycle Day events are held annually where residents are able to drop-off a variety of hard to dispose-of materials for free (see list above).
- When coming to Recycle Day, event staff and directional signs will help guide the public to the entrance and into line.
- Average wait times are about 15 – 30 minutes. However, wait times may be longer with a larger turnout.
- Recycle Day staff will check you into the event by asking which City or Township you are from.
- Multiple stations will be available for you to drop-off items. Recycle Day staff will be positioned throughout the event to guide you in the proper direction.
- Items brought to Recycle Day will be unloaded by event staff, so please stay in your vehicle at all times.
- If you cannot make the Recycle Day event, see the Drop-Off Center Directory page or call the Recycle Hotline at (810) 762-7744 for other locations to take some of your hard-to-recycle items.