The next scheduled election is November 3, 2020. If you filled out an Absentee Ballot Application for the August primary election and requested an absentee ballot for the November election, a ballot will be mailed to you by October 1. If not, you can request an absentee ballot by completing this online application. The completed application can be mailed, emailed, or placed in the drop box behind the Atlas Township Hall. Contact Township Clerk, Katherine Vick, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 810-636-2548 for any questions.
Absentee Ballot FAQs
- Absentee ballots will be mailed by October 1, 2020 to voters who have requested an absentee ballot.
- If you do not receive your absentee ballot by October 10, 2020, PLEASE contact the Clerk’s Office.
- You may return your ballot as soon as possible once you vote your ballot. You do not need to wait until Election Day to return it. However, it MUST be received by 8:00 pm on November 3, 2020.
- If you make a mistake marking your ballot, do not attempt to correct your mistake. Call the Clerk’s Office for a new ballot.
- Your signature must be on the return envelope. Your signature must match the signature we have on file.
- Return your absentee ballot using the drop box at the back of the Atlas Township’s Office building or return directly to the Atlas Township Clerk’s Office.
- If you return your ballot via the USPS, please mail your ballot as early as possible to ensure its arrival by 8 pm on Election Day. The USPS recommends mailing your ballot by October 27, 2020.
- You can check the status of your application and/or ballot by going to the Secretary of State’s election website: https://mvic.sos.state.mi.us/Voter/Index
For additional questions, contact the Clerk’s Office 810-636-2548 or email email@example.com