The 2022 Recycle Day events will be held on Saturday, May 14th (10AM-2PM); Tuesday, June 21st (2PM-6PM); Tuesday, July 19th (2PM-6PM); and Tuesday, August 23rd (2PM-6PM) at Carman-Ainsworth Middle School, 1409 W Maple Ave, Flint, MI 48507. See below for a list of items accepted at the event.
Emterra Environmental USA will provide compost pick up to all residents of Atlas Township BY SUBSCRIPTION ONLY. Compost will be picked up weekly. Service runs from April to November. Please call Emterra Environmental USA to inquire about pricing and payment.
• Recycling Bins are available by contacting the Atlas Township Hall 810-636-2548.
• For a replacement bin, you must return the damaged container back when receiving your replacement bin.
• Plastics should be rinsed clean, and cap removed.
• NO Motor oil, antifreeze, or cooking oil containers.
• Clear, brown, and green empty glass. All glass should be rinsed free of debris.
• Must be empty and clean/ rinsed.
• Newspapers, Magazines, phone books and glossy paper inserts should be placed in a brown paper bag or bundled and tied with string.
• Shredded paper should also be placed in brown paper bags.
• Clean corrugated cardboard must be bundled and tied in 2ft squares not exceeding 1ft
Clean and rinsed tin and aluminum cans. These items may be flatted to conserve space in your recycle container.
DUMP PASS INFORMATION:
Waste Connections Landfill Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 4pm
Brent Run Landfill Saturday 8am – 10am
8335 W. Vienna Road Closed on all major holidays.
A SIGNED Landfill pass and a valid Drivers License must be presented at the Landfill in order to dump.
Passes are restricted to customers of Emterra Environmental USA only. Passes may not be distributed
to third parties, regardless of whether or not they are working at your residence.
Passes are good for Municipal Sanitary Waste (household trash) and household demolition projects. There
is a 1,000 lb limit per pass and anything over 1,000 lbs will be charged the gate rate.
PROHIBITED ITEMS INCLUDE: tanks, barrels, drums, liquids (of any kind), propane, tires, batteries,
florescent bulbs, items containing Freon (refrigerators, air conditioning units, etc.).
PASSES ARE AVAILABLE AT THE ATLAS TOWNSHIP OFFICE
LIMIT ONE PASS PER HOUSEHOLD PER MONTH!